Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tempting Caramel Custard...

Reposting this for my '5 Ingredient Recipes ' Event!!!

Yummy and delicious Caramel Custard ...My mother used to make this for me when i was a kid:) Havent had it in a long time...so i asked my mother how to make caramel custard.. and made it today!!! It was very very delicious ....
I actually set 4 caramel custard's in the freezer. When i took out the first one on my plate, it was so very tempting, i did nt wait to get a picture of it or did i think i should keep a share for my husband.. I just eat it to the last bit. And so with the second and so with the third ...:))) I had only one more left in the freezer... and thought i should keep this one atleast for my husband... But, what can i say ...I could only wait till a clicked a snap of it :)) ))))))


Ingredients:
Whole Milk - 4 cups ( 4 to 5 servings)
Egg - 1
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Vanilla Essence - to taste

Note: If you are using Reduced Fat milk, boil the milk to make it a little thick and let it cool. If you are using Whole Milk, you can use it as it is..

For The Pudding:
Mix Cold Milk, Egg, sugar ( 4 to 5 tbsp) and vanilla essence in a bowl or beat them in a blender/food processor, and keep aside.

For the Caramel:
Heat a pan, and add sugar ( 10 tbsp). Don't add anything else. Let it get heated up. The color changes to slight brown. Keep stirring till add the sugar has melted. Pour it immediately into Caramel Pudding Dishes. Let the caramel cool and settle down.
Once the caramel is set, pour the pudding mix and steam cook it in pressure cooker for 10 to 15 mins. Let it cool down.
Then Place the caramel custard's in the freezer for at least 3 to 4 hours, for it to get set.
Transfer it to serving tray and enjoy Caramel custard Cold !!! ...

Treat yourself with Caramel Custard !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Search & Win